Personnel Support Division
Field Support (PSC-PSD-FS)
Dependent Incapacitation Program
Dependent Incapacitation program ensures continuation of medical coverage for dependents deemed incapacitated due to a physical and/or mental condition. CG PSC-PSD reviews every application and makes a recommendation to CG PPC for final approval.
Dependent Incapacitation requirements may be found under 37 U.S.C. 401 (a) (4) (B) (iii). Dependents declared incapacitated will continue to remain on member's health insurance and continue to draw benefits beyond 23rd birthday.
Additional requirements include:
- The child must be unmarried;
- The child must be incapable of self-support because of mental or physical incapacity that existed before the child's 21st birthday or 23rd if enrolled as a full-time student and contition occurred after 23 October 1992;
- The child must be dependent on the sponsor for over one-half of his or her support, or have been at the time of the sponsor's death.
NOTE: If any one of the three conditions are not met, the child is not eligible.
- A current physician's statement (dated within 90 days of application). The statement must be accompanied by a medical sufficiency statement from a military treatment facility in accordance with AFI 41-115 (Rule 7, below).
- Statement from the Social Security Administration (SSA) certifying non-eligibility to Medicare, Part A, to continue CHAMPUS/TRICARE benefits. NOTE: A statement is not required from an active duty dependent or individuals who are under 65, disabled, or entitled to Medicare, Part A and enrolled in Medicare Part B. These individuals remain eligible for CHAMPUS/TRICARE as a second payer.
- Birth certificate (if not enrolled in DEERS).
- Parent's marriage certificate (if not enrolled in DEERS).
Complete CG-2020A (Support Statement) and CG-2020 (Dependency Worksheet) Forms found at CG PPC Web site: //www.uscg.mil/ppc/forms/
Applications are mailed to:
U.S. Coast Guard
Staff symbol: (RAS)
Pay and Personnel Center
444 S.E. Quincy St.
Topeka, KS 66683
PERSONNEL SERVICE CENTER
US COAST GUARD STOP 7200
2703 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR AVE SE
WASHINGTON DC 20593-7200