"We Keep 'Em Flying"
A brief history of ALC
In 1939, the original property at Elizabeth City, NC was purchased by the Federal Government an subsequently became the Coast Guard central base on the east coast. The Coast Guard grew substantially during WWII and the concept of a centralized service facility became practical. A group of officers and enlisted men devoted 9 months to establishing the Aircraft Repair and Supply Base and it was commissioned as a headquarters’ unit on January 3, 1947.
On October 30, 2008, the Vice Commandant of the Coast Guard introduced the transformation of the former Aircraft Repair and Supply Center as The Aviation Logistics Center. That event marked the formal recognition of the implementation of the Coast Guard's first Mission Support Center and celebrated the attainment of a major milestone in the Commandant's Logistics Transformation initiative.
On an average day at ALC, our team:
- Ships and receipts for over 700 aircraft parts
- Responds to over 100 technical/engineering questions
- Performs depot maintenance on 23 aircraft
- Works on four aircraft for "Drop-In" maintenance
- Manages 2000 contracts valued at $750M
- Has two "expert field teams" repairing aircraft at air stations
- Each day ALC repairs 500 component parts and manufactures 100 piece parts that support PDM and warehouse supported requirements
- Processes approximately 600 Asset Logistics Management Information System (ALMIS) material requisitions