The Financial Management Services Improvement Initiative will acquire a modernized financial management system that will enable the Coast Guard to better control its resources, with more efficient execution of financial tasks and improved sustainability.
- Updated bookkeeping methods to keep the Coast Guard compliant with federal standards.
- Reduces maintenance costs.
- Consolidated financial operations that reduce the financial record-keeping burden for field commanders.
- Simpler auditing, resulting in greater accountability.
- Reduced need for software development.
- No need for extensive software installation or upgrades on Coast Guard computers, reducing workload for Coast Guard personnel, and increasing software availability.