About the Program
This is a self-paced course to assist supervisors with the day-to-day responsibilities of managing civilian personnel. This course consists of several lesson modules comprised of presentations, job aids and web links that will help provide them with the basic knowledge for managing, evaluating and recognizing employees, and responding to emergency situations as a supervisor.
The course has been newly redesigned to be an easy-to-use tool that supervisors can reference whenever they would like to support their ongoing and evolving supervisory needs.
- The course is broken down into separate modules that are clearly labeled, so they can easily be found and referred back to.
- The modules are delivered in a presentation-style format that includes images, resulting in content that is more engaging.
Completion of this course satisfies OPM’s 5 CFR § 412 requirement for executive, management and supervisory development.
Modules covered include:
- Supervisor Roles and Responsibilities
- Employee Work Policies
- Performance Management and Awards
- Employee Work Status
- Employee Relations
- Contingency Planning
- Employee Health and Welfare
- Filling Vacant Civilian Positions.
This class is for supervisors only. This class is offered to newly appointed supervisors as well as experienced supervisors and managers.
Take the Course
The course can be found online at https://www.milsuite.mil/book/groups/uscg-supervisor-of-civilians/overview.
Once all 8 modules have been completed, go to the USCG learning management system (LMS) to self-certify completion.
- Go to https://elearning.uscg.mil and search the course catalogue for "Supervisor of Civilians" or "502197".
- Enroll in the course.
- Once launched, a self-certify page will be presented to document course completion.
Have additional questions? Check out these FAQ's to see if the answer to your question is here.
Alyssa Lombardi, phone 202-475-5516, email email@example.com