About the Program
Completion of this course satisfies OPM’s 5 CFR § 412 requirement for executive, management and supervisory development. This 40 hour online course is designed to provide training to all civilian and military supervisors of USCG civilian personnel. The course material is created to introduce each supervisor to topics and requirements that they are required to know based upon their position as a supervisor of civilian personnel.
1. Course Introduction
2. Becoming a Supervisor
3. Using Ethics and Integrity
4. Transitioning from Employee to Supervisor Practical Exercises
5. Pre-recruiting Employees
6. Recruiting Employees
7. Selecting Employees
8. Hiring Employees Practical Exercise
9. Managing Employee Performance
10. Evaluating Employees
11. Awarding Employees
12. Compensating Employees
13. Improving Individual and Organizational Performance
14. Managing Employee Performance Practical Exercise
15. Ensuring Employees Understand Benefits
16. Identifying Employee Benefits Practical Exercise
17. Developing Training Employees
18. Developing-Training Employees Practical Exercise
19. Establishing Employee-Labor Relations
20. Managing Employee Conduct
21. Fostering Employee-Labor Relations Practical Exercise
22. Ensuring Equal Employment Opportunity EEO in the Workplace
23. Maintaining a Safe Work Environment
24. Responding to Job-Related Injuries
25. Maintaining a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace
26. Ensuring a Fair Safe and Equitable Workplace Practical Exercise
This class is for supervisors only. This class is offered to newly appointed supervisors as well as experienced supervisors and managers.
Class Convening Dates
Courses can be found online.
This course is available on the LMS (https://elearning.uscg.mil/Default.asp). Select "Course Catalog", then "Leader Development Programs", and select "CG Leader Development Programs". 502197 Supervisors of Civilian Tier 1 will be listed under CG Leader Development Programs.
Kin Szeto, COMDT (CG-128), phone 202-475-5515, email firstname.lastname@example.org