U. S. Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center


Retiree & Annuitant Services (RAS) Branch


self-service user guides                              Call us toll-free at (866) 772-8724                                How are we doing?


E-Mail:  PPC-DG-CustomerCare@uscg.mil 

Mailing address:

Commanding Officer (RAS)
U.S. Coast Guard 
Pay & Personnel Center
444 S. E. Quincy St.
Topeka, KS 66683-3591

Telephone:  (866) 772-8724

Fax Machine:  (785) 339-3770

Web Content Manager 

Feedback button

Report broken links or other website issues here

National Retiree Council Welcome

CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming military retirement and welcome to the next chapter of your life! What an amazing career accomplishment. You have served at the top of your game, where you were "all knowing" regarding your daily active duty tasks. But, much like reporting into a new duty station in the past, transitioning into retirement can present unique challenges as well. Fear not, however, you are NOT alone! The Coast Guard’s Retiree Services Program, PPC’s Retiree & Annuitant Services Branch, and a network of fellow retirees are willing and able to assist and mentor you through your transition as a continuation of the Long Blue Line. Read more (National Retiree Council Co-Chair Letter)....

Transition Training

Be prepared: Take your mandatory transition training

​All members are required to take pre-separation counseling on the Learning Management System (LMS) or a transition seminar. Members are authorized to begin their transition one year out from separation or two years out from retiring. Contact your local transition manager or visit the Transition Assistance Program (TAP) website at https://www.dcms.uscg.mil/CG1/Health-Safety-and-Work-Life-CG-11/Office-of-Work-Life-CG-111/Transition-Assistance-Program/.

Retirement Requests, procedures and information

Submit retirement requests to the Coast Guard Personnel Service Center (PSC):

 Coast Guard PSC, Reserve Personnel Management Division, Separations (RPM-1)

Coast Guard PSC, Officer Boards, Promotions, and Separations Branch (OPM-1)

Coast Guard PSC, Active Duty Enlisted Retirements (EPM-1)

Establishing your retired pay account:

Reminder: PPC/RAS will no longer accept Form CG-4700 as your application for retirement pay. Instead, please submit DD-2656 at least 90 days prior to your date of retirement. https://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/forms.html

PLEASE NOTE: Many people will try opening a PDF form and find that they get an error that says "Please wait."  Follow these instructions for opening the DD-2656 and other advanced PDF forms.

After your retirement request is approved by CG PSC (rpm-1/opm-1/epm-1), submit your retirement package and other forms and worksheets to the Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center (PPC):

Retired Pay Calculators:

Depending on the date you initially entered military service, also called the DIEMS date, your monthly Coast Guard Reserve retired pay will be calculated under the Final Basic Pay or High-3 formula as follows:

DIEMS Date before 8 September 1980 - Final Pay

1. Multiply your years of equivalent service (see equivalent service formula below) by 2.5%, up to a maximum of 75%.

2. Multiply the result by the basic pay in effect on the date your retired pay begins (normally age 60).

DIEMS Date on or after 8 September 1980 - High 36

1. Multiply your years of equivalent service (see equivalent service formula below) by 2.5%, up to a maximum of 75%.

2. Multiply the result by the average of your highest 36 months of basic pay.
Note: The highest 36 months of basic pay for a service member who transfers to the Retired Reserve until age 60 will normally be the 36 months before age 60. Longevity service will continue and pay raises will continue to accrue. Service members, who elect discharge before age 60, will have their highest 36 months of basic pay based on the date of discharge. Longevity service stops and future pay raises will be considered.

As can be seen from these two examples, if you initially entered military service on or after 8 September 1980, you should think carefully before requesting a discharge. Taking a discharge will impact your retired pay.

*Equivalent Service = Total Creditable Retirement Points /360

Disability Retirement: The multiplier for disability retired pay is either:

For a member with 30 or more years of service, retiring on or before January 7, 2011, the retired pay multiplier may not exceed 75-percent. The retired pay multiplier is not limited for members with 30 or more years of service who retire on or after January 8, 2011. If you are on the Temporary Disability Retired List, the minimum multiplier is 50 percent while on the TDRL.

PPC uses the method that results in the largest payment. But if you'd like to choose the other method, please send PPC your request in writing.

Read more about disability retirement calculation in DoD Financial Management Regulation 7000.14-R (FMR), Volume 7b, Chapter 3, para 030102; Disability Retirement.

Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP)/Reserve Component SBP - Information, Cost and Annuity Calculators

Final Active Duty Pay

For information concerning your final active duty pay, IRS Form W-2 reporting taxable active duty wages or need a replacement W2 (use this link to request a replacement/duplicate W2), please contact PPC (SEP) at:

Toll Free: 866-772-8724
Email: PPC Customer Care
Commanding Officer (SEP)
Coast Guard Pay & Personnel Center
444 SE Quincy St.
Topeka, KS  66683-3591