U. S. Coast Guard, Pay & Personnel Center (SEP), Wage and Tax Statement Procedures
2019 W-2, 1099r, & 1095 Forms Update
SUBJ: 2019 IRS FORMS W-2 AND 1095-C INFORMATION
A. PERSONNEL AND PAY PROCEDURES MANUAL (PPPM), PPCINST M1000.2 (SERIES)
1. IRS Form W-2 and 1095-C - The required 2019 IRS tax forms W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) and 1095-C (Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage) will be mailed no later than 31 Jan 2020 to the member’s mailing address listed in Direct Access https://hcm.direct-access.us/. Members who have selected to opt out of receiving the paper forms will be able to download their tax forms from Direct Access, beginning 15 January 2020, and will not receive a paper copy in the mail. Members who have not opted out of receiving the paper forms are highly encouraged to do so as this reduces fraud and identity theft risks, and also reduces postage/material costs for the Coast Guard. Commands are highly encouraged to communicate that the most secure method of accessing/receiving IRS Form- W-2 is through Direct Access Self Service. All members with access to Direct Access, regardless of whether they opted out or not, will be able to download and print their individual tax forms starting in late January 2019. Tax documents will be available by going to: Employee, View and View/Print My Year End Forms.
2. In order to facilitate timely delivery of required tax forms, members must ensure their address is correct in Direct Access no later than 4 January. To view and update your mailing address in Direct Access, go to the Main Menu and select Self-Service, Employee, Tasks, and Home and Mailing Address. Use ref (a), section 8.B.6, for address format examples for single members living in barracks or shipboard berthing. Members must ensure forwarding of mail through the U.S. Postal Service if there has been a recent change in mailing address.
3. Corrected IRS Forms – Members who require corrections to their IRS forms shall refer to ref (a), section 8.B.7 and the following guidance:
a. Corrected W-2: Report all W-2 discrepancies to PPC (SEP) via your responsible Personnel and Administration (P&A) Office. The P&A Office must notify PPC (SEP) via Customer Care trouble ticket of the suspected error(s) and include applicable supporting documentation and calculations. P&As should refer to the State Tax Withholding Exceptions prior to submitting a request for a corrected W-2 as Direct Access collects Federal and State tax based on member election http://www.dcms.uscg.mil/Portals/10/CG-1/PPC/guides/GP/SPO/Deductions/State_Tax_Withholding_Exceptions.pdf. PPC Customer Care tickets can be submitted using the form at https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/ppc/SiteAssets/PPC_Customer_Care_Trouble_Ticket_Form.dotm or sent via e-mail to PPC-DG-CustomerCare(at)uscg.mil.
b. Corrected 1095-C: Corrections to the IRS Form 1095-C can only be made by the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) through the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). Members must go to an ID card facility to have information updated in DEERS. Corrected IRS Form 1095-C will be loaded into Direct Access for members to view/print once DMDC has transmitted the updated files to the Coast Guard. DMDC files are typically updated weekly.
c. Corrected W-2 and 1095-C forms will be available to download and print from Direct Access. Members unable to print or who cannot access Direct Access should follow the guidance of paragraph 4 below to request a paper copy of their tax form(s).
4. Lost or Undeliverable IRS Forms – Requests for undeliverable/replacement IRS Form W-2 and/or 1095-C will not be processed until after 15 February 2020 in accordance with ref (a). Members with access to Direct Access can download and print their tax forms at any time after they are posted in late January. PPC will only process undeliverable/replacement requests for members who cannot access their forms from Direct Access. Note: Separated members have access to Direct Access for 18 months following separation.
a. Members unable to access or print their W-2 from Direct Access can request a duplicate/replacement by completing form CG-2016 by going to: https://media.defense.gov/2017/Sep/18/2001811603/-1/-1/0/CG_2016.PDF. Attach the signed form (digital signatures are preferred) to a PPC Customer Care trouble ticket. Faxed forms cannot be accepted and will not be processed. PPC will send the requested form to the taxpayer only, at the e-mail address (if one is provided) or the mailing address listed on the form. The form will be mailed within 10 business days.
b. Members unable to access or print their 1095-C from Direct Access shall submit an online trouble ticket directly to PPC Customer Care with the following information: First and last name, employee ID, complete home address, and e-mail address. PPC will send the requested form to the taxpayer only, at the e-mail address (preferred) or mailing address provided. The form will be mailed within 10 business days.
5. Direct questions regarding the content of this message to PPC Customer Care at: (866) 772-8724/(785) 339-2200 or via the Online Trouble Ticket/Inquiry Form at https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/ppc/SiteAssets/PPC_Customer_Care_Trouble_Ticket_Form.dotm or by e-mail to PPC-DG-CustomerCare(at)uscg.mil.
Wage and Tax Statement, IRS Form W-2 Topics:
- Annual W-2 Mailing Process
- How to View and Print Your W-2 Form (PDF User Guide)
- How to request a replacement or duplicate W-2
Mailing of Wage and Tax Statements
1. IRS Form W-2 for 2019 will be mailed no later than 31 January 2020. W-2s are mailed to the member’s mailing address in Direct Access.
2. In addition to W-2 forms, PPC will also be mailing IRS 1095-C, Health Coverage forms. The IRS 1095 series forms include information already provided to the Internal Revenue Service. These forms contain information members need to complete their individual federal income tax return.
3. In order for PPC to furnish the IRS Forms in a timely fashion, all members must ensure their correct and current mailing address is entered in Direct Access no later than 4 January 2020. To view and update your mailing address using Direct Access Self-Service (https://hcm.direct-access.us/), go to the Main Menu and select Self Service, Employee, Tasks, Home and Mailing Address. Refer to ref (a), section 8.B.6, for address format examples for single members living in barracks or shipboard berthing. Members must ensure forwarding of mail through the U.S. Postal Service if there has been a recent change in mailing address.
4. A printable 2019 IRS Form W-2 or IRS Form 1099r (for retirees) will be available in Direct Access self service no later than 31 January 2020. See How to View and Print Your W-2 Form.
Requesting a duplicate Wage and Tax Statement
Updated 09/06/2019 8:37:18 AM
For 2015 and later W-2 and 1095 Forms, active duty and Reserve members will access forms via Direct Access Self Service. Do not submit a request for a replacement 2015 or later tax form, they will be available via Direct Access.
For 2014 and prior year W-2 forms, active duty and reserve members shall complete form CG-2016, W-2 Request Form (/ppc/forms/). Attach the completed form to a PPC Customer Care trouble ticket at http://cglink.uscg.mil/PPCticket or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If submitting via CG Workstation, a digital signature is preferred.
Separated or retired members shall complete form CG-2016, W-2 Request Form (/ppc/forms/) to request replacement or duplicate W-2 forms, . Attach the completed form to an e-mail to email@example.com.
Replacement W-2 forms will not be available until 15 February. This is allow time for the original mailed form to arrive at its detestation or to be returned as undeliverable.
CG-2016 forms received via fax are no longer accepted and will not be processed.
Personnel and Pay Procedures Manual (PPPM), PPCINST M1000.2 (series), section 8.B.6.9, contains guidance for requesting a corrected IRS Form W-2.