U. S. Coast Guard, Pay & Personnel Center (SEP), Wage and Tax Statement Procedures
Wage and Tax Statement, IRS Form W-2 Topics:
- Annual W-2 Mailing Process
- How to View and Print Your W-2 Form (PDF User Guide)
- How to request a replacement or duplicate W-2
Mailing of Wage and Tax Statements
1. IRS Form W-2 for 2020 will be mailed no later than 31 January 2021. W-2s are mailed to the member’s mailing address in Direct Access.
2. In addition to W-2 forms, PPC will also be mailing IRS 1095-C, Health Coverage forms. The IRS 1095 series forms include information already provided to the Internal Revenue Service. These forms contain information members need to complete their individual federal income tax return.
3. In order for PPC to furnish the IRS Forms in a timely fashion, all members must ensure their correct and current mailing address is entered in Direct Access no later than 4 January 2020. To view and update your mailing address using Direct Access Self-Service (https://hcm.direct-access.uscg.mil/), go to the Main Menu and select Self Service, Employee, Tasks, Home and Mailing Address. Refer to ref (a), section 8.B.6, for address format examples for single members living in barracks or shipboard berthing. Members must ensure forwarding of mail through the U.S. Postal Service if there has been a recent change in mailing address.
4. A printable 2019 IRS Form W-2 or IRS Form 1099r (for retirees) will be available in Direct Access self service no later than 31 January 2021. See How to View and Print Your W-2 Form.
Requesting a duplicate Wage and Tax Statement
Updated 09/06/2019 8:37:18 AM
For 2015 and later W-2 and 1095 Forms, active duty and Reserve members will access forms via Direct Access Self Service. Do not submit a request for a replacement 2015 or later tax form, they will be available via Direct Access.
For 2014 and prior year W-2 forms, active duty and reserve members shall complete form CG-2016, W-2 Request Form (/ppc/forms/). Attach the completed form to a PPC Customer Care trouble ticket at http://cglink.uscg.mil/PPCticket or via e-mail to email@example.com. If submitting via CG Workstation, a digital signature is preferred.
Separated or retired members shall complete form CG-2016, W-2 Request Form (/ppc/forms/) to request replacement or duplicate W-2 forms, . Attach the completed form to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Replacement W-2 forms will not be available until 15 February. This is allow time for the original mailed form to arrive at its detestation or to be returned as undeliverable.
CG-2016 forms received via fax are no longer accepted and will not be processed.
Personnel and Pay Procedures Manual (PPPM), PPCINST M1000.2 (series), section 8.B.6.9, contains guidance for requesting a corrected IRS Form W-2.