U. S. Coast Guard, Pay & Personnel Center (SEP), Wage and Tax Statement Procedures
2022 W-2, 1099r, & 1095 Forms Update
November 15, 2022 - ALCGPSC 144/22 - 2021 IRS FORMS W-2 AND 1095-C INFORMATION:
IRS Form W-2 and 1095-C - The required 2021 IRS tax forms W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) and 1095-C (Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage) will be mailed no later than 31 Jan 2023 to each members mailing address listed in Direct Access. Members who have selected to opt out of receiving the paper forms will be able to download their tax forms from Direct Access and will not receive a paper copy in the mail.
Wage and Tax Statement, IRS Form W-2 Topics:
- Annual W-2 Mailing Process
- How to View and Print Your W-2 Form (PDF User Guide)
- How to request a replacement or duplicate W-2
Mailing of Wage and Tax Statements
1. IRS Form W-2 for 2022 will be mailed no later than 31 January 2023. W-2s are mailed to the member’s mailing address in Direct Access.
2. In addition to W-2 forms, PPC will also be mailing IRS 1095-C, Health Coverage forms. The IRS 1095 series forms include information already provided to the Internal Revenue Service. These forms contain information members need to complete their individual federal income tax return.
3. In order for PPC to furnish the IRS Forms in a timely fashion, all members must ensure their correct and current mailing address is entered in Direct Access no later than 4 January 2023. To view and update your mailing address using Direct Access Self-Service (https://hcm.direct-access.uscg.mil/), go to the Main Menu and select Self Service, Employee, Tasks, Home and Mailing Address. Refer to the note below, for address format examples for single members living in barracks or shipboard berthing. Members must ensure forwarding of mail through the U.S. Postal Service if there has been a recent change in mailing address.
Note: The postal database does not recognize that numerous Coast Guard units may reside at a given address. For instance, in Portsmouth, there are several units located at 4000 Coast Guard Blvd.
- For single members living in barracks or shipboard berthing, the unit’s name may be part of the address.
- To ensure proper delivery, the unit’s name must be entered at the BEGINNING of the street information on the Tax Mailing Address transaction and the accurate 9-digit zip code must also be entered.
- If the unit’s name is at the end of the street information or as part of the city/town information or the 9-digit zip code was not entered, the unit’s name will be deleted by the monthly postal address conversion program.
- Example of Good Address:
BASE (BEQ) 4000 CG Blvd
Portsmouth, VA 23703-2199
4000 CG Blvd BASE (BEQ)
Portsmouth, VA 23703-2199
4. A printable 2022 IRS Form W-2 or IRS Form 1099r (for retirees) will be available in Direct Access self service no later than 31 January 2023. See How to View and Print Your W-2 Form.
Requesting a duplicate Wage and Tax Statement
Updated November 16, 2022
For 2015 and later W-2 and 1095 Forms, active duty and Reserve members will access forms via Direct Access Self Service. Do not submit a request for a replacement 2015 or later tax form, they will be available via Direct Access.
For 2014 and prior year W-2 forms, active duty and reserve members shall complete form CG-2016, W-2 Request Form (/ppc/forms/) and forward it to their SPO via their unit administrative support. The SPO will attach the completed form to a PPC Customer Care trouble ticket or send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If submitting via CG Workstation, a digital signature is preferred.
Separated or retired members shall complete form CG-2016, W-2 Request Form (/ppc/forms/) to request replacement or duplicate W-2 forms. Attach the completed form to an e-mail to email@example.com.
Replacement W-2 forms will not be available until 15 February. This is allow time for the original mailed form to arrive at its destination or to be returned as undeliverable.
CG-2016 forms received via fax are no longer accepted and will not be processed.
Personnel and Pay Procedures Manual (PPPM), PPCINST M1000.2 (series), section 8.I.13, contains guidance for requesting a corrected IRS Form W-2.