- Appeals must be submitted within 30 days of RPM’s original decision.
- Appeals must be in standard Coast Guard memo format, indicate appeal in the memo subject line and it must be addressed to CG-R via the chain of command, including District(dxr), DOL-1 or PAC-13, as appropriate, and RPM.
- The memo must clearly state the justification for the appeal and include supporting documentation.
- Endorse the appeal memo (recommending approval or denial) and provide a copy to the member. However, the final determination will be made by CG-R. Once the member submits an appeal, it must be routed through appropriate entities to CG-R for final determination.
- Forward the appeal along with the endorsement to the District(dxr), DOL-1 or PAC-13, as appropriate, within 3 business days of the member submitting the appeal memo. Commands should ensure there are no unnecessary administrative or operational delays submitting the appeal.
District(dxr), DOL-1 or PAC-13 (as appropriate):
- Within 3 business days, endorse the appeal memo accordingly and forward to RPM with a copy to the command and the member.
- RPM reviews the appeal package and the original decision to deny or terminate benefits. Within 10 calendar days, endorse the appeal accordingly and forwarded to CG-R with a copy to the District(dxr), DOL-1 or PAC-13, as appropriate, the command, and the member.
- Reviews the case and issues a final determination to approve or deny the appeal request. Determination will be made within 30 calendar days of CG-R receiving the appeal package. Response will be given via standard Coast Guard memo to the member and all required entities