Information About Your Final Separation Pay
S1 is one of the teams that make up the Separations, branch at PPC.
S1 serves the Servicing Personnel Offices (SPOs) to ensure that separating members receive the correct pay. Prior to the member's actual date of separation, the S1 team determines what the member's final pay will be. S1 then notifies the SPO of pay amounts which differ from what was projected on the member's previous Leave And Earning Statement (LES).
S2 reviews the member's case after separation to ensure pay and leave are zeroed out. Before payment is made, any debts accrued while in the Coast Guard will be deducted from the member's pay. We will then pay the member any remaining balance.
SPOs must submit the separation document in a timely manner (on or before the member's date of separation). For tax purposes, SPOs must update the member's final address in Direct-Access.
Precedence of Collections from Final Pay:
When the amounts due a member are not enough to cover authorized deductions or collections, amounts are collected in the following sequence. This is a quick reference for most common debts at time of separation:
- Forfeitures and MGIB
- Federal Income Tax Withholding (FITW), Social Security/Medicare (FICA), Dental, Service members Group Life Insurance (SGLI)
- State Income Tax Withholding (SITW)
- Government debt to the U. S. Coast Guard (ie. Bad checks to CG, travel, household goods, damage to quarters)
- Government debt - Department of Defense, VA
- Garnishments for child support and alimony
- CG Exchange, NEX, AAFES, and various MWR debts
- CG Mutual Assistance
- Involuntary Commercial Debts
- Tax Levies
- Court Martial Fines
Please contact PPC Customer Care at (785) 339-2200 or (866)-772-8724 if you have any questions about obtaining an Estimated Earnings During Military Service from the U. S. Coast Guard.