- Coast Guard Work-Life. The overall objective of CG Work-Life is to support the well-being of active duty, reserve and civilian employees and family members. For assistance contact the W-L office nearest you 1-202-475-5100 .
- Coast Guard Chaplain
- Coast Guard Family Resources - Printable (.pdf) flier with links to key Coast Guard family-focused programs and resources
- CG SUPRT. Free professional counseling, health coaching, education, and referral services for many issues such as relationship problems, depression, legal and financial challenges, health improvement, and balancing work and life demands. For assistance visit the website or call 24/7 at 855-CG SUPRT (247-8778).
- Coast Guard Sea Legs - The Family Member's Guide to the U.S. Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Federal Voting Assistance Program
- Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard
- Navy Wounded Warrior - Safe Harbor coordinates the non-medical care of seriously wounded, ill, and injured Sailors, Coast Guardsmen, and their families. Video on Navy Wounded Warrior Continuum of Care (not available on CG workstation)
- Special Needs Program
- Childhelp. Childhelp is a non-profit organization whose mission is to meet the physical, emotional, educational and spiritual needs of abused, neglected and at-risk children. Childhelp is not affiliated with Child Protective Services, any governmental agency, political party, religious denomination, or any other entity, organization or institution. For assistance, visit the website or call 800-4-A-CHILD (422-4453).
- The Hotline. The Hotline is a nonprofit organization that provides crisis intervention, information and referral to victims of domestic violence, perpetrators, friends and families. The Hotline answers a variety of calls and is a resource for domestic violence advocates government officials, law enforcement agencies and the general public. For assistance, visit the website or call 800-799-SAFE (7233).
- Safe Helpline. Safe Helpline provides live, one-on-one support and information to DoD and Coast Guard. The service is confidential, anonymous, secure, and available worldwide 24/7, providing victims of sexual assault with the help they need, anytime, anywhere. For assistance, visit the website or call 877-995-5247.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For assistance, visit the website or call 988.
BACK TO TOP
- American Red Cross. Preparedness guides and information for home, school, work, and community.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the principal federal agency for protecting the health and safety of all Americans.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency. FEMA’s “Plan Ahead” site offers information on the range of natural and manmade disasters and guidance for protecting your family and property. Are You Ready? is a comprehensive online and downloadable resource on individual, family, and community preparedness.
- Flu.gov. The most current information on pandemic and avian flu from the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Ready Campaign. Information, checklists, and printable forms to educate and empower Americans to prepare for emergencies, including natural disasters and potential terrorist attacks. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Homeland Defense. Spanish version of Ready.gov.
- World Health Organization. Resources for epidemic and pandemic alert and response issues.
BACK TO TOP
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The consumer bureau is working to give consumers the information they need to understand the terms of their agreements with financial companies. Like a neighborhood cop on the beat, the CFPB supervises banks, credit unions, and other financial companies, and enforces Federal consumer financial laws.
- InCharge Debt Solutions - Military Debt Relief. InCharge is a leading nonprofit organization, which has brought debt relief to over a million struggling Americans, and developed tools and alliances to bring specialized help to military families struggling with debt overload and the unique challenges of military life.
- Military Saves. Military Saves is a social marketing campaign to persuade, motivate, and encourage military families to save money every month, and to convince leaders and organizations to be aggressive in promoting automatic savings.
- My Retirement Paycheck. Explore retirement decisions and obtain information on making retirement resources go further.
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC). A great site for useful information and services related to debt management. NFCC is the nation's largest and longest serving national nonprofit credit counseling organization. Coast Guard Mutual Assistance has long partnered with NFCC and will pay reasonable fees for counseling services provided by their member agencies.
- SaveAndInvest.org. Unbiased financial tools and information for military families.
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). The TSP is a retirement savings and investment plan for Federal employees and members of the uniformed services, including the Ready Reserve and offers the same types of savings and tax benefits that many private corporations offer their employees under 401(k) plans.
- Women, Infants, Children Program (WIC). WIC provides Federal grants to States for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk.
BACK TO TOP
- Military Child Education Coalition identifies unique challenges facing military-connected children and increases awareness of these challenges in military and educational communities.
- United Through Reading helps ease the stress of separation for military families by having deployed parents read children's books aloud via DVD for their child to watch at home.
BACK TO TOP
DISCLAIMER: Links to non-federal entities are provided as an administrative convenience. The Coast Guard cannot and does not endorse any of the linked non-federal entities, their products, or their services.
NOTE: Outside links will open in a new browser window.