Call 1-855-CGSUPRT (247-8778) 24/7 or go to www.CGSUPRT.com
Active Duty members and their dependents may also contact their local Family Resources Specialist for assistance with eldercare matters. See below for more contact information.
Who is Eligible for this Program?
Eldercare informational and referral services are available to the following members of Team Coast Guard:
- Active Duty members and their dependents
- Select Reservist and their dependents
- Full-time Civil Service employees and their dependents
- Full-time Exchange System and MWR employees and their dependents
Purpose of Program
The eldercare information and referral services are intended to provide information, resources, and referral services for individuals and families who are dealing with issues related to planning and caring for their elderly and aging family members.
Eldercare discussions with Work-Life and CG SUPRT personnel are confidential.
Definitions regarding eldercare can be found in the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s Handbook of Elder Care Resources for the Federal Workplace.
Services and Resources Available in the Coast Guard
There are two primary sources of information within the Coast Guard to assist with issues related to eldercare.
- The Coast Guard’s CG SUPRT program can assist all eligible individuals and families with eldercare issues. The program provides counseling, resource information, referrals to eldercare facilities, health and wellness coaching, legal assistance, and a number of webinars and other on-line information. To access the program 24/7, contact:
855-247-CGSUPRT (855-247-8778) or go to www.CGSUPRT.com
- Work-Life specialists are available to assist active duty members and their dependents. Specialists are located in the Health, Safety, and Work-Life (HSWL) regional practices.
Other Federal Government Resources
- Eldercare Locator - This service is designed to help older adults and their families and caregivers find their way through the maze of services for seniors by identifying trustworthy local support resources. The goal is to provide caregivers with the information and resources they need that will help older persons live independently and safely in their homes and communities for as long as possible. The toll-free telephone line is 1-800-677-1116 and the website is www.eldercare.gov
- Caregiver: Medline - (National Library of Medicine) - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/caregivers.html
- Healthfinder - A Gateway Consumer Health Information - http://www.healthfinder.gov/
- Medicare Information - www.cms.gov
- National Family Caregiver Support Program (U.S. Administration on Aging) - http://aoa.gov/prof/aoaprog/caregiver/caregiver.aspx
- Social Security Information - www.ssa.gov
Other Organizations That Can Assist
There are many private, non-profit, and other organizations that provide information on eldercare issues such as care, establishing end-of-life choices, legal issues, caregiver support, and so forth. Many of these can be found on the Coast Guard’s CG SUPRT website www.cgsuprt.com.
Each state and many counties also have offices to provide assistance and resources for eldercare and aging matters. Check with you local office on aging or health.
Points of Contact
HSWL specialists are the first points of contact for eldercare services and CG SUPRT questions: Health, Safety, and Work-Life (HSWL) regional practices.
If you need additional assistance beyond the information provided here, please contact the CG Employee Assistance Program Manager, Ms Adrienne Wright-Williams CG-1112, at (202) 475-5157 Fax: (202) 475-5906 or email at Adrienne.Wright-Williams@uscg.mil.