Relocation Assistance Program
Who is Eligible for this Program?
The Relocation Assistance Program is available to the following members of Team Coast Guard:
- Active Duty and their dependents
Purpose of Program
The Relocation Assistance Program is intended to assist members become familiar of their new community and the resources available.
The following definitions apply to the Relocation Assistance Program:
- Pre-departure Phase - Decisions made during this phase will affect the member and family for the following six to nine months and ultimately the next two to four years.
- Transition Phase - This is a short, high energy period that includes the departure, travel, and arrival at the new installation.
- Arrival and Orientation Phase - This period starts when the member and family arrive at the new unit.
- Reconnect Phase - In this phase the member and family "settle in" at their new unit.
- Stabilization Phase - This phase lasts from six months after arrival until about six to nine months before before the anticipated next move.
Services and Resources Available
Transition/Relocation Managers (TRMs) may provide "Welcome Packages" with local resource information. If you would like a Welcome Package, contact the TRM in the Work-Life office at your receiving unit. The following services and resources are available within the Relocation Assistance Program:
- Community Information
- Demographics Information
- Relocation Packages
- State Information
The following websites provide information related to the Relocation Assistance Program:
Point of Contact
If you are unable to contact the Transition/Relocation Manager at your Regional Work-Life Staff, or need additional assistance beyond the information provided here, please contact Headquarters Relocation Assistance Program Manager, Mr. Rodney Whaley at (202) 475-5158, or email at Rodney.B.Whaley@uscg.mil.