Office of Work-Life Programs : Physical Fitness Program
CG-6049 Personal Fitness Plan
CG-6200 Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (Par Q)
Need for Physical Fitness
To ensure a fit, ready for duty workforce, the Health Promotion Program’s Physical Fitness component is intended to assist personnel with assessing their current fitness status and design an exercise program to enhance or maintain their current level of fitness. The HP program can assist commands with developing a unit fitness instruction to encourage participation in regular physical training required by Commandant Policy. The Health Promotion Program also provides oversight and subject matter expertise in the development of Coast Guard wide fitness standards required to qualify for assignment to certain units.
Services and Resources Available
Human Performance Resource Center (HPRC) Great site for all service into.
Coast Guard Athleticism Program (CGAP)
CGAP was built upon the principles of the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and Athletes' Performance Institute (API). CGAP begins at the intermediate stages of training.
Contact CG SUPRT Health Coaching at 855-CGSUPRT (855-247-8778) or www.CGSUPRT.com. (CG SUPRT is under a new contract, this feature will be available 1 Nov 2017).
Go to the Human Performance Resource Center (HPRC) website at http://hprc-online.org/, where information is available on a variety of health subjects such as nutrition and exercise
- SUPERTRACKER: Track calories and activities. Refer to caloric intake calculator to estimate caloric needs.
Fitness Equipment Tool Box (FET)
Physical Fitness Help Programs, sponsored by the Office of Work-Life Health Promotion Manager.
FAQs on Physical Fitness Study
Active Duty Phase One Fitness Study
Phase Two Fitness Study
The following references provide details of the Physical Fitness Program:
The following websites provide information related to the Physical Fitness Program:
- Healthy Living - http:/cdc.gov/healthyLiving This CDC website offers a variety of topics to attain a healthy life style.
- 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans - http://www.health.gov/paguidelines/ this site provides information and guidance on the types and amounts of physical activity that provide substantial health benefits.
- The President’s Challenge - http://www.presidentschallenge.org. The National President’s Challenge is a nationwide call to action for a healthier America. It’s fun and it’s free! All you have to do is be active five days a week for six out of eight weeks, and log your activity.
- Shape Up America - http://www.shapeup.org/. This site provides latest information about safe weight management and physical fitness by Dr. C. Everett Koop.
- Stretching Handout
Point of Contact
If you are unable to contact the Health Promotion Manager on your Regional Work-Life Staff, or need additional assistance beyond the information provided here, please contact the Headquarters Health Promotions Program Manager, Tim Merrell at (202) 475-5146, fax (202) 475-5907, or email at Timothy.M.Merrell@uscg.mil.