Looking for help now?
Contact your local Health Safety & Work Life Regional Practice or CG SUPRT 24/7/365.

 Spouse Employment Program



Spouse Employment Program OverviewThe Spouse Employment Assistance Program (SEAP) can assist spouses with career and employment information. The goal of SEAP is to help you learn how to get a job and maintain a career you enjoy, as a military family member, it is not an employment office or placement center.


Military Spouse Linked-In Premium Training

CG SUPRT - The CG SUPRT Education and Career Center offers USCG military service spouses and dependents interactive tools and information to enhance their knowledge of portable careers, earning potential, and job attainment.

Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) - MSEP connects military spouse-friendly companies with jobs to military spouses seeking employment.

Federal Employment

State Licensure - Use CareerOneStop’s "State Licensure Directory" to research your state’s rules and regulations and identify the requirements, contact information and next steps for your current or future occupation.

Unemployment Compensation - Resign due to military permanent change of station (PCS)? You may be eligible for unemployment.








Point of Contact
HSWL Spouse Employment Program Work-Life Staff - Spouse Employment services and resources can be obtained by contacting the Transition/Relocation Manager at your Work-Life Staff. Work-Life Staff are located at Coast Guard bases.

If you are unable to contact the HSWL Spouse Employment Program Work-Life Staff or need additional assistance beyond the information provided here, please contact the Headquarters Spouse Employment Program Manager, Mr. Rodney Whaley at (202) 475-5158, or email at Rodney.B.Whaley@uscg.mil.