Looking for help now?
Contact your local Health Safety & Work Life Regional Practice or CG SUPRT 24/7/365.


Office of Work-Life Programs : Spouse Employment Program - State Licensure

Each state has different rules and regulations regarding licensure and certifications. Licenses are knowledge and skill credentials legally required for many occupations. As a military spouse, you are 10 times more likely to move across state lines in a given year, so it is important you understand occupational licensure issues. Occupational licenses carry state-specific conditions and processes. You may face lengthy re-employment delays when you move, and because of the delay and expense involved in re-licensure, you may be unable to work in your chosen profession. Use the State Licensure Directory tool to find contact information for your state licensing agency or search by occupation, license name, licensing agency and state. Learn more to help make your next transition easier.