Office of Work-Life (CG-111)

Office of Work-Life (CG-111) :
Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program (SAPR) - How Do I Report a Sexual Assault?

SAPR Reporting Flowchart

If you have been, or think you may have been sexually assaulted recently:

    If possible, go to a safe location away from perpetrator. If in IMMEDIATE DANGER call 9-1-1 inside the U.S. For international emergencies, please follow protocol for international emergency procedures or contact local law enforcement.

  1. Call your Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC) or Victim Advocate (VA) to preserve your Reporting rights
      • Please see the Glossary of Terms for more information concerning Restricted and Unrestricted Reporting
      • SARCs and VAs can help provide further support regarding medical care, forensic exams, and other next steps
      • More information can be found in the SAPR Program Policy Manual and SAPR TTP

  2. The 24/7 DoD Safe Helpline also provides assistance. Users have three ways to access their services - "click, call or text" for confidential support, available 24/7 worldwide.

    Click - Logging on to for live, one-on-one confidential help with a trained professional.

    Call - Calling the hotline at 1-877-995-5247 allows users to speak with a trained staff member for personalized advice and support to military and/or civilian resources.

    Text - Texting a location or zip code to 55-247 (inside the U.S.) or 001-202-470-5546 (outside the U.S.) allows users to receive contact information for the SARC.

Sexual Abuse incidents occurring between family members shall be reported in accordance with the provisions in COMDTINST 1752.1 (series), Family Advocacy Program.