PPC Logo

USCG Pay & Personnel Center             

Divisions and Branches
Contact Us

Mailing address:

Commanding Officer (Staff Symbol)
U.S. Coast Guard 
Pay & Personnel Center
444 S. E. Quincy St.
Topeka, KS 66683-3591


(866) 772-8724


Customer CarePPC-DG-CustomerCare@uscg.mil

Web Content Manager 

Feedback button
Report broken links 
or other website
issues here


Direct Access https://hcm.direct-access.uscg.mil
Log on to ETS/ETS Logo https://e2.gov.cwtsatotravel.com/




Advancements, Service Validation and Personnel Data Corrections (ADV)



Catch 62

Estimated Earnings During Military Service for Federal Employees Only:

Public Law 97-253 requires us to provide estimated basic pay earned by federal employees for military service performed on 1 January 1957 and later. Any service performed prior to 1 January 1957 is automatically credited. These requests are commonly referred to as, "Catch 62's". PPC verifies only your Coast Guard service. If you have served in another branch of the service, you will have to go to that particular branch to receive your estimated earnings. 

Required Documentation:

In order for us to process these requests we will need the following documents:

  1. The Request for Estimated Earnings During Military Service worksheet (This link will open the PDF format form).
  2. A copy of your DD-214 or equivalent form. (For Reservists, if you don't have a copy of your DD-214 for Active Duty performed then you will have to provide copies of your endorsed paid orders (front and back) for any Active Duty performed).

We cannot provide estimated earnings UNLESS VERIFICATION OF SERVICE IS ATTACHED.

You must submit your request via email (attachments must be in Adobe "PDF" file format):

Email: PPC-DG-CustomerCare@uscg.mil

If you cannot locate a copy of your DD-214 you may be able to get one from the National Personnel Records Center at:

National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

eVetRecs: Request Copies of Military Personnel Records:

You can order your information directly from NPRC/NARA.

This web form -- http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/, allows you to get your information anywhere from 5 days - 2 months.

Go to the web link and scroll down to the big red button, click on it and there are about 10-12 screens with a fax back form at the end for signature verification. It usually takes around 15 minutes to complete.

Submit Your Request for Estimated Earnings to:

Complete the Request for Estimated Earnings During Military Service worksheet, attach a copy of your DD-214 for each period of service and email to:

Email: PPC-DG-CustomerCare@uscg.mil

Proof of Service Memo Request:

If you are/were a member of the Coast Guard Reserves who needs proof of Active Duty service within the Reserves to accompany the submission of your completed Estimated Earnings During Military Service to your HR staff, you can request a Proof of Service memo. 

This memo will list all your periods of Reserve Active Duty, the duty type and Character of Service (if applicable).  Not all periods of Active Duty have a Character of Service.  IAW DoDI 1332.14 and DoDI 1332.30, the DD Form 214/5 is the official record of separation and characterization of service.  If a period of Active Duty does not qualify for a DD Form 214/5, no Character of Service can be provided. A DD Form 214 will only be issued for non-contingency orders if the member has served 90 days or more of consecutive Active Duty.  Back-to-back reserve orders with no break in service can be combined.  All contingency reserve orders with an end date on or before 1/22/19 should be issued a DD Form 214 regardless of the number of days served.  All contingency reserve orders with an end date on or after 1/29/2019 will only be issued a DD Form 214 if they served 31 days or more consecutive Active Duty.  Any period of Active Duty that does not meet these criteria are not eligible for a DD Form 214 and therefore will not have a Character of Service issued.

This memo is only for Reserve Active Duty service and will only be processed for use with an Estimated Earnings During Military Service.

The Proof of Service Memo can be requested via PPC trouble ticket or email.  Please include a mailing address or email address to send the signed memo. 


Please contact PPC Customer Care at (866)-772-8724 if you have any questions about obtaining an Estimated Earnings During Military Service from the U. S. Coast Guard.

Last Modified February 23, 2024