Sept. 15, 2023 —
R 151200Z SEP 23 MID120000442507U
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: FY2023 SPECIAL LEAVE ACCRUAL (SLA) DESIGNATED OPERATIONAL
A. COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC 151144Z SEP 23/ALCOAST 333/23
B. Military Assignments and Authorized Absences, COMDTINST M1000.8A
C. Nation Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2023, Public
D. Personnel & Pay Procedures Manual, PPCINST M1000.2B
1. This ALCOAST announces the designated operational missions as
qualifying duty for FY2023 SLA for members deployed or mobilized
for 60 or more continuous days. Service members who are on active
duty for a continuous period of at least 120 days in a hostile
fire/imminent danger area or assigned to a designated deployable
ship, mobile unit, or other similar prescribed duty for more
than 60 consecutive days as determined by the Secretary concerned
(delegated to COMDT (CG-1M)), or performing duties for 60 or more
consecutive days designated in writing as qualifying duty, may
accumulate up to 90 days of leave with approval at the end of the
fiscal year as outlined in REFs (A), (B) and (C).
2. FY2023 designated operational missions are:
a. Operation Vigilant Sentry
b. CENTCOM Operations
c. Southwest Border Operations
d. Typhoon Mawar Operations
e. Lahaina Wildfire Response Operations
3. Members must be away from homeport/Permanent Duty Station for 60
or more consecutive days for one of the above designated operational
missions to qualify.
4. Commands and members that meet the criteria for SLA carryover can
find procedures for SLA requests in REF (D) Chapter 6 Section Q.
5. This message is effective for all FY2023 SLA requests.
6. This message will be cancelled on 14 SEP 2024.
7. Questions regarding this ALCOAST may be directed to Office of
Military Personnel Policy (CG-1M1) at:
8. RADM M. W. Raymond, Assistant Commandant for Military
Personnel (CG-1M), sends.
9. Internet release is authorized.